Sunday, August 28, 2011

Week Wrap-up

So, today I'm going to go into the studio and clean it up and then start creating again.  AND I'm going to the movies to see "The Help".  I read the book several months ago, by Kathryn Stockett, and it was a beautifully written, insightful novel that I could picture in my head.  After I finished reading it I found out it was coming to theaters in the fall and told my wonderful boyfriend that we were going.  Today is the day.  As the east coast floods and thoughts of my precious island falling apart stay fresh in my mind, I'm going to escape for awhile.
This week I spent money.  Not money that we've got to burn, but I needed some retail therapy so I spent.   I needed new anti-virus software, mine ran out on the 23rd, so I hit up Norton mid-week. 
I also ordered my glucosamine-chondroitan pills from a mail order vitamin company.  I used to get them from a health food store that I worked down the street from, but then I got a new job and wasn't near there.  I then purchased them from Walmart because that's the only place to shop around here.  Needless to say, the ones I got from Walmart were NOT any good.   My fingers ached and I thought I was going to have to stop scrapbooking.  Then one day after I picked the mail up at the post office I realized we got someone else's catalog.  It was a mail order vitamin company.  I went on-line and checked it out and I ordered on Tuesday or Wednesday and I got my vits on Friday!  I took my first pill on Friday night and what a difference on Saturday morning!  I haven't been this happy in a long time!  Now I'm also taking calcium in the form of a Walmart pill and am thinking I better switch it out and order some from this place.  Beginning to think Wally World's vits are made from chalk...
Last but not least, in the form of selfishness, piggytales.com was having an end of summer warehouse sale and I had to get into it.  I do like their paper and you just don't see it for sale anywhere near here.  Waiting for that to come in probably next week sometime...
So for any of you who still might be trying to follow this blog, I apologize for not being around.  A lot has happened in the last several months and to be honest, I wasn't sure if I was going to continue this old blog.  However, I am going to give it a second chance and hopefully will get it kickstarted into a higher gear. 

In July I quit my job, went on vacation, and started a new job.  All huge endeavors, two of which I felt great about, one that I regret. 
In the coming months I plan to re-organize my studio, join in a couple blog hops if I can find some fun ones, and give away some cool items that I just won't use.  I want this blog to be mostly crafty, but I'd like to sprinkle some of my regular life in, here and there. 
Like today, I'm going to be praying for my niece and her family in VA and my sister and her family in NC, to keep them safe in the storm.  I know my brother is ok, but that's all I know right now.
So if anyone reads this, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment