Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I'm So Excited!

I just signed up to host my very first blog hop!  I love participating in them but I've never had the chance to host so I'm taking the plunge.  It should be fun and I'm totally curious about what I'm going to do!  More to come on this later!

Tonight for dinner we had something real healthy and real easy to make.  We've been trying out new recipes for the last couple of months.  Mostly I think them up by standing in front of the fridge or cupboard and just staring.  Eventually I connect ingredients together and I put together some concoction that might or might not taste good. 

This one is a winner and best of all, it can be custom made to fit your taste buds!  I start with Naan bread and brush a little EVOO on the top.  Then I add thinly sliced tomatoes, onions, peppers, broccoli and mozzarella cheese.  drizzle with a little more EVOO (you can never use too much).  I pop it in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes, raising the heat to 400 towards the end to put a little color on the cheese and to crisp up the edges.  Once it gets the color you like - I like a nice toasted marshmallow tan - take it out and let it sit for a couple minutes. 



Cut it into slices or in half or however you like and eat it.  It's not filling, and depending what you put on it, it's really good for you! 

That's as far as my crafty-ness gets tonight!  I'm looking for a small box template so I can make a leprechaun trap.  I know there's a couple running around here and I know if I catch one I'll find that pot of gold I've been looking for!

No comments:

Post a Comment