Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sorry So Long!

Good morning cyber friends!

It's been awhile since I posted and I have to say that it's not because I didn't want to, it's because I've been so busy!  It seems lately that everyone wants/needs some part of my free time and I've been overwhelmed.  I'm also planning to take a moment this weekend to just scrap!  Last night I put together some photos that I'm sending off to the printer to get me motivated to start a new album and to work on some that are in-progress.

That said, I have a couple projects to show you.  One is a thank you card that I made for a friend of my boyfriend's who sent me all her scrapbooking supplies.  It was a hobby she thought she'd like to get into and then decided it wasn't for her.  She ended up sending me a load of paper, stickers, and some markers.  I think the kids will have a ball with it and there's some that I've kept for myself, but I neglected to send her a thank you and I've been kicking myself for a month now to get one out to her.  Sooooo, the other night I made myself make one.  I cut out and put together a flower pot of cardstock and then used Tim Holtz distress ink to make it look textured.  The stems are cut from textured paper and I used a Fiskars flower punch and layered the flowers and used a coordinating brad for the center.  I also used a gold stamp pad to ink the edge of the card.  Here's how it came out.  The thank you is actually written on the inside because I couldn't figure out where to put it on the front.



My next project is a two page LO for the kid's album.  I'm doing Christmas right now.  I had to skip Halloween because I don't have the right paper and it's driving me crazy!  I'm still looking and will hopefully have some soon!  I have no idea who the paper is by but it's from a StoryTeller's Club kit (http://www.storytellersclub.com/).  If you're looking for a kit club I loved that one!  I joined it the year I quit smoking.  The way it worked (in my head) was that I would spend my smoke money on scrapbooking.  I used the Winter Woodlands Cricut cartridge for the lettering.  Now, I just found out that it had a font option.  I've had that cartridge for a year now!  It really helps if you read the booklet that comes with it! The pictures are matted on coordinating cardstock, and I used some of the embellishments that came with the kit.







I don't know why it won't insert the correct way! Sorry for having to look sideways!

It's funny, but I am enjoying these children so much.  I know I've said it before, but everything with them is a first.  This was the first time that they met Santa.  If they ever did before they can't remember, and I feel so honored to be a part of their lives.

Saturday night we took Gaige to a dance recital.  He sat through the whole thing, all three hours of it, and he didn't get fidgety until the end.  He asked what the kids names were, what the next song was, was it ok to point at them when asking questions about them.  It was just amazing his interest in them.  I asked him if he'd like to take lessons and he said yes.  I'd like to do this for him, and his sister as well, only I have a feeling his dad won't allow it.  Lessons start up again in August or September and I'm going to look into it.  Maybe if his dad realizes that it's hip-hop and not ballet he'll let him go.  I have to say- he seemed to like it all, including the ballet, jazz, tap and hip-hop.

Well, I'm running on and on, so I'll stop here.  I hope you enjoyed the projects.  This weekend is the Hero Blog Hop which I have my project all ready to show.  I hope you'll stop in and check it out.  I may have a small giveaway too, so be sure to hop in!

As always, comments are always welcome!  Happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment