Saturday, April 30, 2011

April Showers bring...April Flowers!

Welcome!  Thanks for stopping by!  I've been loving spring, even though it's pretty much rained non-stop all month, and watching my plants come back to life!



This week the Daffodils decided to grace us with their cheery beautiful sweet smelling selves!  I never knew they had a scent until last year when I was talking with someone and they told me they loved the smell of them.  I had assumed they were a lot like the hybrid roses - nothing but color.  How wrong was I!  I also learned that Lily of the Valley has a lovely scent!  I haven't seen those this year, not yet, anyway.



My miniature tulips are up as well.  They don't get any taller than six or seven inches and they have pointed petals instead of rounded.  They remind me of fire and they come up year after year but never spread.



The Grape Hyacinths have poked their little purple heads out of the ground too.  I'm not so crazy about these guys because of the foliage but I guess I'm going to keep them.  I separated a lot of them last year and moved them around because they're supposed to spread, but I really haven't seen that happen and I've had them for years.



Last but not least, I have my blue flowers.  I have no idea what they are.  I bought the bulbs two years ago and never wrote the name down anywhere.  I think they are the cutest little flowers, they're no taller than a couple of inches, very low-lying, and when the flower is spent it folds towards the ground and created a new bulb.  If anyone knows what they are please let me know! 

I hope you enjoyed a little part of my gardens.  I'll be posting more and possibly some video as well.  I really do enjoy working in them and seeing new flowers and vegetables make their way into my world.

Thanks for stopping by!  I'd love to hear what you're doing in your garden.  As always, I love each and every one of your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment