Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Scrapping Day

I called into work today.  I was up this morning at 3am, wide awake but knowing I should sleep.  I don't know why it's always 3am.  It reminds me of that song by Matchbox 20.  Check it out here: 


So I thought I'd rest because I didn't get back to sleep until 6:30 and then it was just restless tossing and turning.  After I showered I was drawn to my craft room, the mess that it is, and started to scrap.  I figured that since I was home I might as well create.  I've been trying to finish my 2010 album and I'm soooooo close!  I just need a couple more page holders, which means a trip to Joann Fabrics is on the horizon.

Here's what I got done:

 I love this one because Gaige kept asking to put this car together after Christmas and he was so happy when Derrick worked on it with him!  I decided to make the frames and glue them to the photo, then added the brads that looked like screws.  I mounted all the photos with foam squares to make them stand out.  I used the CJ Journaling font for my own journaling, and I brushed the edges of the journaling circle with a blue pigment stamping pad.

 I added a little bling on this one.

 I love the Christmas cards that come with photos and I always scrap them!



My fave pic is in the middle.  I just love it!

So I was pretty busy.  Now I'm starting to scrap the children's album so they'll have something to show their friends.  Up until now I'm pretty sure they don't even have their own photo albums because they are super excited about getting their own book.

That's it for today!  Thanks for stopping by, and as always, you crafty folks are my best critics so share your ideas and if you like something then please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. These are fabulous layouts! I really like the framing and matting you did. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete