Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Nothing Crafty, Just a Good Day

Actually, a good past week.  It's been extraordinary and I had to share because I've never had a streak this good which is making me start to look around every corner.  Big trip coming up and I don't want to jinx it.

First I was one of the lucky people that was picked for the Unibind challenge.  I can't wait to see what it is and I am starting to follow fed-ex trucks to see if they are going to my house!  It's so exciting AND mysterious!

Then my boyfriend and I did the Relay for Life walk on Friday night.  We put in our names for a couple of raffles and on Saturday we received a call to let us know that we won a beautiful handmade quilt and rack!  We tried to win one the year before and it was the first thing we put our name in for this year, so that was really awesome!

I was offered a new job yesterday and I took it.  I interviewed last Thursday afternoon and when I left there were two others that were sitting for the job, so it was anyone's guess.  It's lower pay than what I'm getting right now, and it looks like it's going to be a lot of paperwork too, but I'll be working in the legal system and that is so exciting to me!  I'm going to miss my co-workers so much, they are more than that to me- they have been my friends and family and I must dedicate myself to staying in touch with them.  I'm just so tired of what I'm doing and there was no way they were going to let me move on to anything else because I'm so good at what I do!

 After I handed in my letter of resignation to my job of 12 years I ended up going to lunch with one of my friends and bought two lottery tickets.  One is a Mega Million and one is a Win for Life.  I forgot about it when I got back to the office but today I had another job interview and while I was waiting to go in (I showed up too early), I found the scratch-off in my purse and played.  I won $40!!! I've never won $40 on these tickets before.  The funny thing is I usually buy them in threes and don't win anything, but this time I only bought the one.  I know that $40 is for something.  God's earmarked it somehow.

Plus, today was my anniversary.  Twenty four years ago tonight I almost died.  I was a stupid kid hanging around with a bunch of people that were drinking and I got on the back of a motorcycle after a party.  We were on an old dirt road and apparently hit a rock and I sailed 60 feet through the air into a boulder.  Luckily I was wearing a full face helmet, I believe it saved my life.  I ended up popping my lung with a rib, fractured my pelvis, cracked some ribs, and I think I fractured my arm or clavicle.  Not sure, but I was one hurting unit.  If it hadn't been for a couple who decided to leave their camp and go home that night I would have died on the side of the road.  I have no idea who they were, but their decision saved my life.  There's a reason I'm here, although it eludes me.  But I'm glad I am. 

So that's my big news that I had to share.  I'm sure things'll get back to their normal every day way again.  Until then, it's a wonderful life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment