Monday, November 8, 2010

New Project!

   Well, I've decided to start this blog off with a project I have just started.  In January I sketched my beagle and finally finished painting him in September.  A couple days ago I started sketching our shepherd/boxer mix and I swear I'm going to finish painting her much sooner!
   I've started with a plain white cheap canvas from Walmart.  I purchased them because I wasn't sure if I would like painting and I didn't want to spend a lot of money up front if it was something I didn't continue.  I picked up acrylic paint there too.  What I found out was this - don't buy bargain paint.  You could see through the paint to the lines, even with the dark colors.  I ended up going to one of the college stores and buying the colors as I needed them at around $4 a tube.  Totally worth it.
   So now I am armed with good paint and cheap canvases.  I have one painting down and two more to go, one in the works.  I love my dogs, and I wanted to see them in a painting.  This is the only way I can afford it so this is it!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment