Sunday, November 28, 2010

Christmas Prep!


Well, I'm getting into the giving season. It usually takes getting the tree up and some Christmas carols, but this year I received a surprise.  I had won a RAK from through the Fiskateers group and I received it this weekend! I'm telling you it was an awesome surprise. I had been expecting a Fiskars punch, but I received so much more.  The best part? I'd have to say the note from a true Fiskateer. I'd been feeling a bit bummed because I'd joined some things and won some things and so far nothing had come through from all that.  Now I've learned that when I do my own RAK I will follow up with some kind words as well as the original RAK. It gives it a personal touch.

Now, because that came this weekend it made me want to go out and do some shopping for my own little elves.  I haven't had a kid to shop for in years and kids that don't have much as it is, so we're having a ball looking for gifts for them. 

We took the kids to meet Santa and the gang on Friday night.  We sang carols, rode in a horse drawn wagon and later ate cookies and drank hot cocoa.  The best part of the night? When the kids actually got to meet Santa and tell him what they wanted for Christmas.  My heart breaks thinking that they've never done this before, and I feel honored to be the one to make it happen.

So, what would Christmas preparation be without some card making?  I talked to D and we're getting our tree this coming weekend.  Once it is all set up we'll be taking our picture and starting on cards.  Last year we made a couple tri-fold cards but they take a long time and are not great for mass production.  I have an idea in mind and will be working on it this week.  Hopefully we'll get 'em done (yes, he helps and likes it! I'm very lucky!), and then all we'll have to do is add the photo when they're ready.  I will post pics when I do them.

I also have to start my gingerbread house so the kids can decorate it.  Another first for them.  I can't wait!  Now all I have to do is get on schedule and stick with it. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I just came by to seend your blog, and what do you know? A post with some happy news :-) I'm hope it restored your faith in blogs with prizes. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas...you look like you were well on your way to being prepared.

    ReplyDelete